Monday, May 4, 2015

And a Happy Birthday to Me!

Yesterday was my birthday...I turned a big ol' 6-oh.  I am no ashamed at all.  My mother grew up in the era where "ladies" did not discuss their ages. Not me...I'm proud I can start getting senior citizen discounts at various places! No shame in that!

I had a wonderful day including a 5 1/2 mile hike at Stone Mountain Park.  The weather was perfect...bright sunshine, warm weather...low HUMIDITY! Perfect for a wonderful walk with my #1 daughter.

Here we are at the beginning of the trail:
We had a great time...I love hiking and the Cherokee Trail at Stone Mountain is a wonderful trail that makes you think you are out in the wilderness at some parts.
Some of the views were quite lovely:
This photo was straight out of the iPhone...could be edited for some improvements, I'm sure....but isn't that reflection just wonderful?

After our big walk we went out to lunch where my son surprised me:
It was such a special treat to spend an hour or two with these two. They decided it would be fun to just have some time to Mom themselves and I loved the idea.  We will have a big get together with the spouses in another week or two. :)
Lastly I did go to my daughter's in the evening for a steak dinner.  She also prepared my favorite cake...German Chocolate and I had a little help blowing out the candles!
 Life is grand, isn't it?

And now on to my card share for today...a simple watercolor card involving the smooshing technique which Laura Bassen describes so well in her video HERE.  It is a highly technical and difficult technique. (not...)

The sentiment at the bottom is from a rub on set that was included with the Simon Says Stamp Kit for April.  Perfect for the my highly technical and difficult watercoloring.  True (the part about the sentiment, anyway.).

The striped tape is Washi....love it.

Her is a closer look at the sentiment:
It really is all lovely in person than on this dream like website.  LOL!

And that's it for today...hope you all are having a tremendous day...don't forget to stop and smell the flowers...and spend a little time daydreaming, too!

Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

  1. Ah, the senior discounts! JoAnns Sr Discount Day w/ 20% off is Wed, May 13. My hubby's mother was not one to want to get the senior discounts and I so do not understand that. I'll be 60 next yr. Hubby & I enjoyed Stone Mountain & the trails when we visited. I like chocolate but was never fond of the German Choc frosting. Took Daisy for walk this morn & then to the Dog Park and so we both enjoyed the outdoors today.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!