Monday, October 24, 2011

The 12 1/2 Minute Card***and More Quilling Fun!

Sometimes when I'm away from crafting for a while and finally get back to my crafting stuff I look at it like it is like it is alien....you know...like I've never seen the stuff before and have noooo idea what to do with it!  KWIM? I think..."WHERE DID ALL THIS STUFF COME FROM?"  But every now and then I can just jump right in like I've never missed a beat.
Last night was one of those nights.  I finally finished all my post world traveling chores and spent less than an hour in my room last night and played!  And was really happy with the result!
Now in my title you may have noticed the *** and you may have scanned to see what *** referred to.  No, it's not just a teaser or a joke...it really does mean something.
So here it is:
***INCLUDING PICKING OUT PAPER!



Yes, I made an entire card from start to finish in 12 1/2 minutes!  That's an amazing feat for me.
1.  I haven't crafted in over a month and have no idea where half my things are.
2.  Before my world traveling I left my room in a mess so that made finding things and even a space to work on difficult.
3. I made this card and even hunted and found all the supplies and even made one little mistake I had to redo in 12 1/2 minutes.

Truly a miracle...

Ok, I will admit my 12 1/2 minute card is very simple so I probably should have been able to do it in 6 1/2 mintues but that's just not the way I operate!)

Very simple in light of technique but still pretty cute, I think...and one I will make again when I need a QUICK card! :)
I punched the flowers with a prehistoric punch I had (there is not even a label on it) with various K&Company papers (Sweet Nectar)....ok, diverting here but I got that little paper pack at a craft show a while back for less than $4 so this is also a real bargain card, too.
I inked the edges with some Stampin' Up inks and an ink dauber and glued two punched pieces together...curled the top layer petals up and the bottom layer petals down.  And then I took a couple of pieces of quilling paper and quilled loose circles for the flower centers.


I stamped the sentiment with a Heidi Grace stamp and attached some neutral knotted twine with my Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher.  Voila!  Perfection! 
OK...I'm stretching on the perfection part but it was so easy and I loved the prints and colors together.  It's just fun to me.  I think I love it so much I am going to mail it to myself!

I'm bad...

I also made this little duckie gift enclosure for a baby gift.  I'm new to quilling (or I'm a new re-quiller since I haven't quilled in years)...so I need to work on my gluing technique but it's a fun process for me and these little duckies are indeed cute!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Happy Crafting!

4 comments:

  1. Susan these are great, wish U could quill maybe will try some time.
    Happy Monday

    Judie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the quilling. Especially like the sweet quilled ducks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty 12-1/2 minute card- and I just love those quilled ducks!!! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. both cards are great and they look fantastic with the quilling!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!