Friday, September 6, 2013

Where Have I Been?

Wow, it's been nearly a week since I posted!
And somewhere along the way I seem to have lost my mojo.  Time to find it! Maybe today....

I took a short trip to New York City over the weekend.  My nephew works at the Standard Hotel in lower Manhattan which was great!  "Them thar" hotels in Manhattan can be pretty pricey.  The hotel is great...rooms were small but comfortable and we had a nice view of Manhattan.

We did all kinds of fun and interesting things including a trip to the Metropolitan Museum of Art to see some fabulous works.  I saw Van Goghs, Gauguins, Picassos, Monets, Jackson Pollacks....all very cool to me.  I need to return and take a bit more time.

My favorite impressionist...Claude Monet....

I never was a fan of Van Gogh until I saw an original many years back and was so amazed by the brush strokes.  Van Gogh had a new fan.
We saw some old sarcophaguses....or is it sarcophagi? yep....it's sarcophagi.

Look at the carvings on this:
Fabulous!
From the top of the Met you get a great view of Manhattan.  It was hazy but I don't think I've ever been in NYC when it wasn't! LOL!

 We saw Picasso...
 I don't recall who this artist was but was amazed by the way the light was captured.  It made me look up to see the light source but of course there was none....it was just the paint and the strokes of the artist.  Amazing....

 And of course a Jackson (I think I could have done this) Pollack:
And we saw some modern stuff too....like this:
Whoops....no photographs allowed in that section but I took this before was reprimanded by the curator!  LOL!
Pretty good picture, at that!

More pictures of some other NYC sites and sights later!

Happy Crafting!

4 comments:

  1. What a great cultural trip you had. Love the photo of Manhattan. Always wanted to see it once, it is so impressive. Thanks for sharing the gallery with us. Hugs, Ursula

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you did not see my daughter's artwork there? Hubby's brother that lives in TN had an art exhibit in NY in Jul but not sure where in NY it was. Guessing that you were allowed to photo on other areas without flash. When I was in the Dallas Museum of Art they have a rule that you cannot photograph anything that is loaned to them so anything they own yes you can photo without flash and anything on loan belonging to someone but not the museum then no photos allowed.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great art photos, Susan! You could do an insert page with just artwork. If you do, be sure to include your commentary! That's what makes it personal. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you were having a lot of fun. I'm out of mojo and am now a few weeks behind on PL too...not sure when I'll get the chance to get caught up and while I've had time today to stamp, I haven't done a darn thing. Hope you enjoyed your trip and I'm sure you'll get stampy before long.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!