Saturday, October 13, 2012

Spooky and Scary!

I love Halloween.  I used to make most of my kids' costumes...well, that's probably not true but the costumes I did make them were just wonderful!  I do remember making a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle for my son and a mime clown costume for my daughter and I did make the cutest little devil horns for my son to wear on his first Halloween as we strolled through the neighborhood.  Of course, now my children are adults so I don't get the fun of making their costumes anymore.  But they both still like Halloween, too.
I'm in the process of making a few Halloween cards to send to a few special folks...I bought this set of Tim Holtz creepy and spooky stamps at Archiver's recently...I believe they are exclusive to Archiver's.  I just love the blueprint look to them.
Here is the first card I made with this set (no, I haven't made a second card but I'm hoping to get there!):
 It is actually a shaped card on top of an A2 card sized base.  The background print is Authentique.  I cut the little bats out on my Silhouette from the free shape that was in the store a week ago.  I added a little green Stickles to the eyes to give them a little eerie glow.  The grass was done with the Martha Stewart fringe scissors.  Here you can see how the tombstone opens:
Well, I'm off to a fall festival with the grandkids today. 

Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

  1. Captain Jack Sparrow says you will not be walking the plank with this wonderful Halloween card. Mailed Halloween card to you yesterday. Have fun at the Fall Festival.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!