Tuesday, November 27, 2012

A Thankful Heart is a Happy Heart

We had our big Thanksgiving meal as a family on Sunday.  As I mentioned before when your kids start having families of their own you just have to adapt to their schedules. I don't mind that at all as long as we can all be together at some point.
I made the meal but my son hosted the dinner in his new house.  I think he was quite proud of that...had done a wonderful job getting his house in order and it looked great.
We worked on our "Thankful Tree"....if you don't know what I'm talking about you can see my original post HERE.
Here is the result...a tree full of thankful leaves:
I don't think the participants minded the "job" at all! I didn't see any rolled eyes! LOL!
I made a companion page for my scrapbook with a couple of group photos we took.

The papers are from the same DCWV stack as the tree above so they coordinate nicely.


The Thanksgiving corner in the top right and the sentiment "A thankful heart is a happy heart" were cut with the Cameo and were designs in the Silhouette Store.  I think the "thankful heart" sentiment is one of the greatest phrases or sentences ever and I wholeheartedly (is that a pun? ;)) agree with it.  Even in difficult times...if we can find things to be thankful for or grateful for we can find some happiness.  It's when we dwell on the negative that our hearts fill up with sadness and anger.  Not good.
Don't worry, Dr. Phil...I'm not vying for your job....

Happy Heart and Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful craftiness with your tree & scrapbook photo layouts. Like that the dogs got in the photograph as well. Guessing you used a tripod. The font is very nice.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeay! SO glad you got to spend time with your family!! (: LOVE the idea of a Thankful Tree! :D And lovely pictures and layouts!! (: Hope all's well with you! Sending hugs your way!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!