Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Simons Says Stamp September Card Kit: Part 2

I posted a couple of cards I made the other day with the Simon Says Stamp Card for September.  As I mentioned the enclosed printed chalkboard papers were a bit difficult for me to decide how to use them so I did what any self respecting card maker would do and stole ideas used inspiration I found around the the great big ol' WWW.

Here are two more cards I did:

The first one is a direct ripoff is done with a really cute Studio Calico wood veneer as the focal point.  The original card I was "inspired by" used a bicycle on the card but I just decided to put my own spin on it and after much thinking I came up with the idea of "why not use a car which came in the same pack as the bicycle and then it will look like I am just inspired and not totally stealing".  Yeah, right! LOL!!!


Oh and I did add the "Life is" stamp at the top.  Another huge change to make this card my own was to use the circle printed paper with the stripes going vertically rather than horizontally as was on the  stolen card.  Brilliant!  LOL!!!

And here I am complaining about the chalkboard papers and I didn't  even use them! 

Here's a closeup:
I know you'll want to be inspired by this fabulous card! ;)

The second one is my attempt at a chalkboard look:
I heat embossed the sentiment and then just used some white pigment ink which I stamped off before putting on the paper.  I added a little pen stitching and that was it.  A flat card.  I tried to add some bling and/or sequins but it just didn't do it for me so I left them off.

And that's it for today!

Still no baby...

Happy Crafting!!!

2 comments:

  1. Like the sentiment on the car card that reminds me of Tim Holtz. Chalk board is popular & yours looks wonderful.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL stole iedas..... you make me laugh... I love both of these, just cyber stalking ya today
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!