Monday, December 2, 2013

'Tis the Season to Be Busy!

I am sure everyone feels the way I do!  This starts the "oh my gosh, I'm so busy I don't have enough time!"  I know I have the same 24 hours a day that everyone else has but some people definitely seem to manage it better than others.  Me?  I am great at wasting time and then wondering why I am running around like crazy! LOL!

I did get my house decorated.  We bought a new tree this year....I had a 9.5 foot tree that just seemed to grow each year and got more and more difficult for my old man husband and me to put up!  So we gave it to my daughter and put up a pencil tree in our living room.  It looked so dinky for the past two years that I got it in my mind to get a new one this year.  It's smaller... 7.5 feet but wider at the base.  And it's one of that has a bit of snow and berries on it...as well as little "ice" chips and is just so darned pretty I can barely stand it.  And the piece de resistance is a rotating stand.  Too cool.  My tree does a pretty pirouette on its stand.

I haven't had much time for crafting but life is great! :)  I did play around with some additional vinyl this evening because I had a little time.
I made this little snowman ornament which is filled with that plastic snow stuff.  I just pulled the circles into my Silhouette software and cut it.  I didn't have any orange vinyl so I just cut and colored some white with Copics and a bit of Wink of Stella glitter.

I see that I have a top hat file that I may still cut out.  But how easy this was to make...
I also did another block or two.  Here's one I did tonight:


This was from a file in the Silhouette Online store...I just moved things around a bit.

And lastly I saw this great idea on a site devoted to Silhouette cutting machines.  I have always had this dilemma about what fonts to use and what fonts cut well, etc.  I do profess I am a font lover...and addict like many of you out there! LOL!  Anyway I saw an idea to cut some of the favorite fonts in vinyl and attach them to the cover of the Silhouette. 

Like this...

It gives a great visual of how the fonts look cut....so I think this is a nice beginning!

And that's it for today!!!

Tomorrow is another day and hopefully I can get more crafting done!

I hope you do, too!


5 comments:

  1. Well, you sure are a crafty one! i love the stuff you manage to create!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous decorations! Fabulous favorite fonts! (Off to see if I have all of these . . ..)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the snowman ornament. Like the clear block lit up. Good idea with the fonts. I always have a more difficult time with fonts because I end up tearing the pieces when i;m not careful enough lifting them off of mat. Hubby got the outdoor lights up and the inflatable Snoopy items in the yard. He has the non-inflatable Snoopy items to put up tomorrow. I need to get the tree up & decorated.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm trying so hard to get in my craft room this week too, and so far not much crafting has gone on... Where does the time go, it is already Thursday... Love the cuts you made with your silhouette. Hugs to you my friend for a slower more crafty week for both of us next week.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greetings! I have a question about your blog! My name is Heather and if you could email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com I would greatly appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!