Thursday, November 28, 2013

More Fun with Vinyl!

Here's hoping that all of you celebrating Thanksgiving today have a wonderful day!  And best wishes to  those of you celebrating the start of Hanukkah!

We had our big family dinner on Sunday so my husband and I will be off to celebrate with friends today.  We all have so much to be grateful for!

Anyway, on to crafting.

I bought these small flat glass ornaments at Hobby Lobby a month or so ago (and will make a note to myself to buy lots more next year as these flat babies get sold out early!).  They work well for the vinyl newbie (me!) as you don't have such a curved surface to work on. 

I belong to a Silhouette Cameo group on Facebook and the things that people do with vinyl are just amazing...so many people do the most wonderful things with layering.  I'll get there.  Of course, first I need 483 different colors!  So I will need to start a new collection.

I made these very simple and festive ornaments for the little people in my life.  I love those little people.  They make me so darned happy.  Of course some of these are for my grandchildren but some of my friends have grandchildren and I adore their little people, too.

These were cut with the Oh Photo Shoot font downloaded for free from somewhere.  ;)  I also cut some 1/3 inch circles and slapped them on randomly....and on the back I put the year.

Oh so simple and fast.  And fun.

I simply tied some ribbon around the tops....

Here is a close up of one:
I think they will be cute hanging on a tree, don't you?

Again...Happy Thanksgiving, Happy Happy Hanukkah and Happy Crafting!


1 comment:

  1. Wonderfully festive. I've seen these & you add to the inside shredded paper.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!