Wow, it's been over a week since I posted last! The time just flies!!! Really amazing...
Lots going on in the past week.
1. My daughter was sick so I helped out a bit.
2. Still getting over this congestion which has lingered for over 2 weeks. I'm one of those people who NEVER gets a cold...so why is it that when I get one I can't get rid of it???
3. My ladies tennis team came in second for this season so we will be going to playoffs which will begin next Thursday. Now I have the difficult captain's job of deciding who gets to play and who has to sit!
4. The Australian Open has been on and I have probably watched 80 hours of tennis! It's been a great tournament so far.
4. My son turned 25 today so we had a family celebration! Woohooo...Happy Birthday, Jeremy!
Lots to keep me from my craft room!
But, I did get down there yesterday to do some reorganizing and pre planning and did make a couple of cards. I'm hoping for a little more time tomorrow.
I saw a card Christina Thomas of Creations with Christina made recently with some messy machine stitching and I liked that look and let's face it...sewing messy is much easier than sewing straight! LOL!
So once again I pulled out the beast and used it for this card:
See my messy stitching? Isn't it cute? I used Paper Trey Ink's Flower Fusion #2 stamps and coordinating dies. The purple flower is cut out with PTI's wool felt. The button is from PTI, also and is Pure Poppy in color. The red flowers were stamped on white cardstock with Pure Poppy Ink and cut out with the same die and popped up some foam tape. The sentiment is also from that set. The green ink for the leaves and stems is Garden Green from Stampin' Up. I used some Kraft paper I got at Joann's and smooth white cardstock for the card base from Georgia Pacific.
And here's a closeup....and you can see the fuzzy felt. Love it! I added a little Bazzill Bling and there you have it...a masterpiece! OK, no masterpiece but a simple card that came together pretty quickly!