Saturday, March 3, 2012

Sweetness

Another NBG layout....New Baby Girl turned 9 months yesterday....I guess I will not be calling her NBG much longer!  How the time flies.  She is as cute as a button, happy, smiling, content...and she's pulling up!  I was looking at my beautiful glass topped coffee table yesterday and it is just loaded with little fingerprints.  I love it and don't even want to wipe them away!  She'll be walking soon...off to school before we know it....ahhhh...how the time passes!

I took these photos of Tayter (my new name for her) exactly one week after her birth.  I love this little blue cornflower looking dress...and thought she looked so cute in it.

This is the left side:

And here is the right:
Or here is how they will look side by side:

Again, I love using enlargements in my layouts especially of my best photos.  Costco is so reasonably priced when it comes to enlargements that I think it is very much worth it.

This 2 page layout took me a while to do...just wasn't coming together.  I tried doing it on black cardstock but it was just too "heavy" so went with trimmed yellow that I adhered to white cardstock.  I used a Martha Stewart corner punch to do the fancy corners.  I really wanted to use one of my new favorite things the Hero Arts Sizzlits which are stamps and dies that coordinate.  I love these sets.... I love dies that coordinate with stamps and the Hero Arts ones are so wonderful because with these you stamp first and then place your cut out die over the top of the stamped image and run it through your die cutter.
This is the set I used:

I colored in the stamped die cuts with Prismacolor pencils and used Gamsol (odorless mineral spirits) to blend a bit.  I used a little Stickles for the bees wings and some Glossy Accents for the flowers and bug's bodies.  I love the way they turned out!

I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut the "Sweetness" title with Black Jack which is a TTF I downloaded a long time ago from DAFONT.  I have always loved that font and it cut perfectly with the Silhouette.  I was able to weld the letters together AND I was so proud because I figured out all by my little self HOW TO MAKE A SHADOW!  It was so very fast and easy and I was so excited and just had to share with you my AHA moment! I have also been using the tip to flip my designs and place my textured paper upside down on my mat.  I think the Silhouette cuts well without doing that but I just figured I'd do it and I've gotten great cuts each time.

Here are a couple of closeups:


Isn't that ladybug the "CUTESIEST"?

It's going to be a rainy day here in Georgia today...a great day to stay inside and complete some layouts!

But first I need to run to Michael's.  Sunshine Honeybee alerted me that there is a coupon for 50% off one scrapbooking adhesive.  It's just like anything scrapbooking related...you cannot have too much adhesive!

Here is the Michael's coupon but run(!)...it's only good through today:


Happy Crafting!

5 comments:

  1. Like the cornflower outfit & especially like the Bees. What is the # on the Hero Arts set? I'd like to have it & need to know the # so I can see if Stamp Asylum can order.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's the link to it at the Hero Arts site. http://shop.heroarts.com/products/productdetail/Garden+Flowers/part_number=657852/1571.0.1.1.1002410.1001650.0.0.0?pp=12&

      Delete
  2. Sweet layout (very cute ladybug)! I am always so amazed at your great baby pictures....I wish I had them of my girls- but I guess I'll get them someday of my grandchildren.....:)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love this page! Did not understand a word about all the cutting and stamping but LOVE the pages!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful pages and you are right, she is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!