Sunday, April 1, 2012

Coloring with Copics

As I mentioned in a previous post I had bought some Copic markers recently.  I swore I wouldn't get into buying them because of their price but then I just saw such cute things done with them on all of your blogs so they became a "have to have".  I bought a few...not many...I really wanted some do do faces with so I bought a set of skin colored markers...then I bought some others...and then a few others...and...and...
LOL!
Here is my first attempt at some blending. 


I watched a few tutorials (well, really only 1) and thought...well, what can be so tough about coloring?  I've been coloring as long as I can remember!  I've taken a few art classes so get the idea of highlights and shading so figured it would be about the same.  Well, it's not as easy as it looks!  HAHA...so now I will be watching more videos and tutorials!  
I used the cute little digital image from Whimsie Doodles and just colored away.
Since I had some "bleed" above her head I just ended up cutting the cute little girl out and mounting her on a frame cut out with a Spellbinder die which was inked with some Stampin' Up ink (can we say run on sentence?).  I used some pretty paper from K and Company for the card base and added a bit of seam binding for a bow which I tied with my great little handmade BOW MAKER seen HERE. I put a couple of little pearls on her hair bows and used a little white Signo pen work.

She's cute...I can live with her but will be trying to improve those coloring skills! :)

Happy Sunday and Happy Crafting!



3 comments:

  1. Such a cute card, as usual Susan! But I swear, I'm not buying any of those Copics, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your coloring is much better than mine. Like the bunny ears & lavender is a fav color of mine.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job!! I swore I would never buy them either- but they are addicting! And you are right- it is so much harder than it looks- definite learning curve. In answer to your question- I just use a heavy copy paper and regular print ink for the digis (I know that's probably wrong, but it seems to work for me). They say Neenah's white or Papertray Ink White is the best, but I'm too cheap! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!