Friday, April 13, 2012

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner and a Few Cards...

I went to Archiver's Today for a "Coloring" class.  Too funny.  I've been "coloring" since I was a little girl....who would have thought that in my "mature" years that I would be taking a class on coloring!  But that's exactly what I did!

The wonderful and awesome Suzi taught the class...she is definitely one of my favorite Archiver's ladies...she's always so helpful and knowledgeable and she always makes us laugh with her humor!  Lots of fun that girl is!

So the class was on coloring as I said.  We stamped and embossed images on watercolor paper.  Now I have watercolor paper I've bought in the art departments of the various stores I shop in but this paper was much smoother than what I have purchased in the past and took the embossing very well. 

We used Tombow water based markers to color in our images trying to shade and blend a bit as we went.  Sometimes we just picked up color and water from a craft mat and sometimes we stroked the pen directly on the paper.  It was fun and although I think everyone in the class felt they needed to work on this newly learned skill a bit more most were relatively happy with the results.

Here are the 3 I was able to complete:



On the hydrangea card we also used some yellow or gold "Smooch" (which is like a metallic paint and comes in a little bottle reminiscent of a fingernail polish) for the centers of the flowers. 

The birthday greeting card was done with a little Flower Soft in the centers of the flowers and a little Stickles applied to the dragonflies and butterflies (and yes, Cyndi...I did touch the Stickles before it was dry...OF COURSE!).

The tulips greeting card had some glitter Gelly Roll pen work on it but can't really be seen in the photo.

It was fun....and I did like the technique and will definitely use it again.  I've done water coloring with pencils but I think this method gave a much more vibrant color.

Now on to the second part of my long post today...a few weeks back I entered some of my projects (2 layouts and a card) in a contest at Art Made With Heart ...for each project you got a certain number of entries and you could also get an entry for Tweeting, posting on Facebook and so on.  Shanna Vineyard (the owner of the Art Made With Heart blog) had created this adorable digital kit that I used with my Silhouette.  You can see my projects HERE, HERE and HERE.

Well, all my hard work paid off and I WON!  Woohoo!!! The prize was a huge box of BoBunny papers, chipboard, buttons, stamps, mini albums, embellishments and more!  I was stunned! 
First is the Et Cetera line:




Also included was the Enchanted line... a beautiful and elegant line:


And lastly the colorful Alora line:




Wow!!! What a lucky girl I am!  Thanks, Shanna for all the goodies!!!

Happy Crafting!

5 comments:

  1. Like the coloring. I especially like the Butterfly card. You are so deserving of winning the awesome prizes. I especially Like the Alora line for its bright colors.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Susan. what a fantastic prize to win, but you certainly deserved it. Enjoy using all these lovely goodies!! I just love your colouring...amazing how we are all going to colouring classes...talk about second childhood!!!LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me again Susan. I am interested in your comment about the watercolour paper. I also use it, but was told to get the Hot pressed..is that what you used. I am having a battle finding it here in SA,and don't want to bring it in if not the correct one...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the watercoloring, I don't do it enough-and WOW-What a loot you won!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful flowered cards- all of them are so pretty! Awesome win- enjoy playing with all of your loot---lucky girl!!! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!