Sunday, April 29, 2012

Fun in the Sun Layout

I just got back from 3 wonderful days at a lake house with some scrapbooking friends.  We were on Lake Hartwell which is between the border of Georgia and South Carolina.  Very nice.  My friend, Deb, has a huge lake house with 5 bedrooms and plenty of bathrooms for a group of ladies...there were 12 of us scrapping together. Very fun!

I did get a few layouts and projects completed which is always a good thing.  Here's one I did of little David at the pool last year.  I used Close to My Heart papers and chipboard embellishments.  This one is sort of out of the box for me...I don't ordinarily crop photos so small but I saw an inspiration layout with small photos at the Scrapbook Generation site and liked the idea.  I love the way this turned out

Here you go...left side:





and right side:
.


I hand drew and cut the "rays" of the sun and penstitched a bit to give it a little more "oomph" against that neutral paper.

I loved this little chipboard sentiment:


So true...don't you think?

And here they are side by side:




Happy Crafting!

4 comments:

  1. Yay! You got something done even though you had limited supplies. Who knew you could travel without everything you own? (I wish I could do that.) Nice pages, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this layout! Love the color choices, the sentiment you used and the layout itself. Very cute1 Glad you had a good time at the lake house. Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the photo placement of left to right layout. Oh to be a kid again & play!
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the double page layout- great design and elements! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!