Friday, December 7, 2012

Joy

I am just loving my Silhouette more and more and wonder why it took me so long to get one.  Still love the Cricut, too....but I find I get perfect cuts the FIRST time with the Silhouette.  I'm not always so lucky with the Cricut and often had to do recuts especially for small pieces.

Here is an ornament (and card) I cut out on my Silhouette...it just cut like butter on this metallic shiny paper.
No ragged edges....just nice pretty cuts.
 I used My Mind's Eye 12 Days of Christmas papers and a sentiment stamp from Hero Arts.  I also used a teensy bit of tinsel twine that Stampin' Up used to sell years ago.  I loved that stuff and wish they'd bring it back.  This was my last piece of the gold! :(  I had this roll for probably about 7 or 8 years and now it's all gone! I'm sad.

But really....I'm joyous.  No time to be sad, right?  And this card and cut made me happy.


Now to work on my photo Christmas card!

Happy Crafting!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely holiday card, the ornament looks beautiful cut from the shiny paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That ornament turned out beautiful, I love the shimmer on it and the cuts are so detailed...mine always rip as I don't have the tool and can't seem to get under it as well. I'm learning and getting better though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the shiny gold ornament with snowflake cut out design. There's a challenge at Papercraft Star Ch123 Gold on your holiday card you can enter this in.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!