Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A Goodie!

I love bright and bold colors!  I can do pastels...but muted colors sometimes are difficult for me!  I was totally happy making this card.  Bright and bold.  So me.  That's my personality too...bright and bold.  HAHA!  Maybe not.  Probably a little too bold sometimes...but I don't know how bright! Heheh...

Have you all seen this wonderful video by Linda of her internet shopaholic ways?  My friend, Donna, shared it with a few of us addicted folks and it's also floating around on Facebook.  This is about a crafter named Linda who watches YouTube crafting videos and then has to go buy the stuff that was used in the video.
 It is hilarious....and I am so right there with her.

Case in point.  Inktense pencils.  Saw Jennifer McGuire using them...saw Darlene of Darlene Designs use them...saw others.  Had to have them.  Waited until I had a 50% off coupon at Michaels one day and went and bought them 'cuz I HAD TO HAVE.  Sat here in the case.  For. A. Long. Time. And. I. Mean. A. Loooong. Time...

Finally opened them to play with them and I LOVE THEM.  What in the world was I waiting for??? I love water color pencils but sometimes the color is PASTEL OR MUTED!!! These are so bright and intense.  Inktense is what they are called.  Water soluble.  And you can blend with them.  But since I still have not mastered the whole blending thing I just colored my flowers.

Here is my card:
  
The flowers are from a Hero Arts set that comes with the Sizzix dies. Love that.  I used Archival Ink since it's water proof and then colored away with the pencils using my Aqua Painter.  Added a bit of Wink of Stella glitter pens to parts of the flowers and the bees wings.  The chevron background is so bold, isn't it?  It's from Amy Tangerine....as is the green dotted paper which I cut with Martha Stewart fringe scissors.

The little banner is from the Stampin' Up Itty Bitty Banners set which also has some awesome dies.

And that's it for today.

I do love the Inktense pencils and I think I am glad I have them in my collection now.

And today I saw Kristina Werner (another favorite blogger) talking about Memento Luxe inks.  They are really vibrant pigment inks.  Oh my....  I do have an ink addiction...and a pen addiction....and a paper addiction...  *yawn....

Happy Crafting!

4 comments:

  1. This BEE here likes the Bee on your card as well as the coloring of your pretty flowers & such.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I did watch the video too and its so funny! Love the bright colors on this one which is so wonderfully contrasted with the patterned balck background
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts School Projects

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card. It all goes so well. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty flowers and glad that I don't have a pencil addiction. They look so bright!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!