Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Happy Birthday!

A special little boy in my life, JP,  is having a big 5 year birthday in a few days and I wanted to make him a card with a big old 5 on it.



I used some Cosmo Cricket paper from a stash I had.....I'm wondering if I used this same paper on a card for him last year?  LOL!

I cut the "5" window on my Silhouette with the Arial Bold font.  So easy and so fast and I could size it exactly the way I wanted.  I just created a rectangle in my Silhouette Studio software and positioned my 5 where I wanted it and cut it out.  Easy peasy as they say.

The birthday cake was made with a Lawn Fawn set.  I know I should have put 5 candles on top but they were just so teeny and tedious to cut out and I took the easy way out!
The "turning" stamp is from Paper Smooches.


Here is the inside and was done with Penny Black and Paper Smooches stamps:

And lastly, I decorated the envelope with a stamp set from Simon Says Stamp and some Stampin' Up inks:
Not that JP will care but I thought it was a cute touch and since it will travel in my daughter's purse to the destination I think there is a less likely chance that it will get tossed or lost!

(thinking ahead....)

And now that I look at it I think it's calling for some Glossy Accents on the cake.  Off I go!

Big day today...tennis in an hour, hair cut and time with the grandkids later in the day.  Life is good!

Happy Crafting!






1 comment:

  1. Like the paper used for the "5" that has a school writing tablet look to it. The background paper has a cool retro travel look to it. The cake looks good with the candle.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!