Sunday, August 4, 2013

Project Life: Week 30

Thirty down, Twenty-two weeks to go! With Project Life, that is.

I completed my layouts the other day.  This was another very simple week.  I had purchased a few journaling cards and embellishments from the Simple Stories I Heart Summer line which worked perfectly for this week.

My friend, Kim, had sent me a link on some tips on Project Life and one of the ideas was to put your bulky embellishments on top of the page protector.  So, I am trying that this week...for the most part.  I do think that little 2 and 3 year old hands may pluck them off, though, so will have to watch out for that!

I give myself a B for the layouts...minimal effort, I know...but they are done.  And I give a C- for photography.  I have 5 cameras.  A fancy schmancy DSLR with a few lenses....a point and shoot...a bridge camera....a waterproof camera and my iPhone.  Make that 6 cameras because I do have an iPad, too, which has a camera.  I have tried every single camera and still get sub par photos of my PL layouts.  I have removed the photos from the page protectors and laid them on top.  That's probably the best method but that is time consuming and when I have a bunch of things on my cards or photos I don't like taking them in and out because they can get bent easily.  I have taken photos by windows...away from windows...outdoors...in doors.  On a table....on the floor. 

Sheesh. 

So, it is what it is.  I'm not apologizing for my C-....but hopefully you will look past the quality of the photography and just look at the layouts.  Okey doke?

Here is the left side:

I used a Thickers Alpha set that looks like a little banner.  I thought they were cute!
The camera embellishment has a big brad on it which of course buckled the protector slightly and gives off that icky glare!  But you get the idea!

 Here is the right side.  We visited my kid's grandmother this week and as she is moving from her home of 50 plus years I wanted to make sure I got lots of pictures of it.  So many  memories here.
I remember the very first time I visited here....back in the beginning of 1983....thirty years ago!

I used templates by LilyPad Designs to make my collage prints.  Those are very handy little templates and I've used them nearly weekly, I'm sure!

The right side is pretty much all pictures with one large journaling card.  I just didn't want to mess up the photos by putting lots of other things on them.  

Project Life.  Week 30.  Done.  After I had my pictures printed these two pages took me less than an hour to complete.  The average scrapper could probably get them done in 30 minutes or less but I am a bit slooooow.  

And now that I look I see I still need to add the dates and the last name of Amanda's friend.  :)

Now onto Week 31!

Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

  1. Love your banner title on that page, very cute! Can't wait for this weekend-need to finish getting my pictures in order.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still can't believe you did this is an hour. Well, I believe you - you know what I mean. =) It's so polished! I'm so glad you've got Jessie's story recorded in your PL album.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!