Saturday, May 24, 2014

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

I know that most people will be celebrating the long weekend with cookouts and parades but I hope that the reason for this "day off" will be remembered...and that is to honor those who died while serving in the US Armed Forces.  This should be a reminder that our freedoms came at a huge price.

My dad served 31 years in the United States Army.  A career veteran.  He passed away many years ago but I do remember his very profound sense of patriotism.  He (and my mother) are buried in Arlington National Cemetery.


And now onto card making...not a very graceful segue.... :)

I made this as a congratulations card for a recent graduate.  I liked the fun paper from My Mind's Eye that said "Follow Your Dreams".  Appropriate for a young adult venturing out in to the world!

Congrats was stamped with a Lawn Fawn stamp in Versafine Smokey Gray onto vellum and then embossed with some clear embossing powder. 

A simple card...mostly flat and easy to mail! 

Happy Crafting and Happy Memorial Day!

1 comment:

  1. Like the card for the variety of things to look at & admire on the card. Like the "sunshine on my shoulders..." song lyrics that I noticed that are John Denver's song. Like hot air balloons. A card for a recent grad, hmmm, would that bee for my daughter?
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!