Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!

And a Happy Mother's Day to all you ladies out there in blog-land.  I hope that you have a wonderful day. 
I made this card for my daughter who is a wonderful mother.  I'm sure that those of you who have grandchildren would agree what a joy it is seeing and watching your child be a parent. 
I used the Simon Says Stamp set Best Mom Ever which you can see here:
I love that set and have used it a pretty good bit....I love the handwritten look to the sentiment.  And those roses can be used for so many none Mother's Day things!
Anyway....here is my card made with some My Yellow Bicycle paper from the Poppy collection which I picked up at Tuesday Morning for one dollar and ninety nine cents!

It's difficult to see in the photo but there is actually acetate covering the circle.  I love that look, don't you?
Mostly it was just a lot of cutting and paper piecing.  And a touch of Wink of Stella on the flowers.
Love how it turned out!

Again, Happy Mother's Day!

And Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

  1. I like the acetate idea. Like Roses & you are so right about the stamp set great for all occasions. Like the way you used the pattern paper for the leaves. Like the way you cut with such great scissor-ness (made that word up) the pieces. Great paper you got at Tues Morn. Happy Mother's Day! Thank you for the wonderful Mother's Day card you sent me. Glad you rcvd the one I sent you.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh this is so pretty! You inspire me to use my rose stamps. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!