Saturday, June 7, 2014

Happy Birthday, Amanda!

We had a week of birthdays....my granddaughter, Taylor's, was on Monday and her mother...my wonderful daughter, Amanda's was on Tuesday.
She turned 29+.  LOL!

Here we are 34 years ago:
We didn't realize it at the time but the film in my 35mm camera was not loaded properly...and in those days we didn't take many photos anyway because processing was so expensive!  Anyway, we only got a few polaroids at the hospital.  Here we are on our way home.  I look dazed.  I was.  Amanda weighed 9 1/2 lbs.  She was 3 days early.  I am short...5 feet tall.  Yep, there were 30 babies in the nursery at Tallahassee Memorial Hospital in Tallahasee, FL on June 3 and she was the biggest of 'em all.  Back 34 years ago a 9 1/2 lb baby was considered a very large baby.  Nowadays those big 'uns are more the norm, I guess.
Anyway, since I am in my watercolor mode I made her this card:
 I used distress inks on water color paper and made a gradient type thing...the colors here are not "true" as there really was a little more color variation in the actual paper card.  I added a little wooden heart I also used distress ink on...and here is another disclaimer....it matched the paper better than it looks here in the photo.  I promise!


I

Oh, and after I posted my card that I made for Taylor's birthday I thought it looked so plain online so I went back and added some sequins to spiff it up a bit.  Here's the card I posted the other day:
 And here it is with a bit more flash!

What a fun week with lots of birthdays and birthday cake! Yum!

Happy Crafting!

3 comments:

  1. Like the water coloring & added sequins. Happy Birthday to the birthday girls.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do like the water colouring effects, and the sequins are a good idea. Congratulations on the birthdays..amazing how time does fly past. hugs, Ursula

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving all your cards, Susan. And I love your expression in Amanda's baby photo. You look a tad stunned. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!