Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Happy Birthday to You!

I mentioned the other day I needed a few birthday cards (July seems to be a busy birthday month for me) so I sequestered myself in my room and made a few.  I still need more...

I made a card similar to this a few months back which was a CASE from a card by the fantastic Shari Carroll but loved it so much I couldn't part with it.  I have kept it in my stash and like great artwork (HAHA!) I enjoyed pulling it out and looking at it from time to time.  Well, I decided to make a couple more.  :) I'm so smart.

Here are two versions of the same card.  The circle was cut out and acetate put behind it...gives different look and I love it!



Here is a different view of the window.  Not sure why I didn't get reflection to show the acetate but of course, if I didn't WANT reflection and glare it would be there! LOL!  I used papers from My Mind's Eye Lime Twist and a piece of flair I had sitting around.  The 'happy birthday' die cut was made with  dies from Simon Says stamp.  The "Celebrate" sentiment is from a set by Paper Smooches.



And here is a second version of the same card with the sentiment done with heat embossing:
I also used an embossing folder to emboss the wood grain look on the white cardstock.  I think the white sentiment on the embossed cardstock looks nice.

That's it for today...the cards have been mailed and hopefully received today!

Happy Crafting, Keep Creating and Happy Birthday to you July babies!

1 comment:

  1. All these cards you are making are stunning, Susan! I really, really like this one!! Ummm, you wouldn't be immersed in cards to avoid making something else, would you? =) You can do that, too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!