Sunday, July 20, 2014

Sending Happy Mail

Happy Sunday, y'all!

Here is another card I made with the papers and stamps from the Simon Says July 2014 card kit.  I do believe this is one of my favorite kits ever....I do adore navy, red, and white together.  Such a great collection of stuff to play with!


Again, since the stamp set, which is so wonderful, retails for $14.99 so the kit which includes all the papers, the cute little stars, the washi tape, the stickers and the stamp pad at a subscription price of $19.99 means everything is practically free! LOL! That's my justification and I'm sticking to it! HAHA!

On a side note...I was telling my daughter about my shopping splurge at Scrapbook Expo and she said "Did you have to sneak the stuff in?"...meaning did I have to get it past my husband without him seeing it.  I laughed and told her "NO!"....I laid all of those goodies smack dab out on the kitchen table so they he could admire them, too.  LOL!  He walked by and looked at them and said "Oh, you got some new toys to play with!".  Love that man!

I made several more cards with this set last night and have depleted my paper for the most part.  I'll be sharing them over the next several days but here is one from that group:


I love the navy background with those teensy hearts on it.  I used a Fiskars punch for the clouds.  I used Memento Luxe inks to stamp the cute little envelopes on some craft paper and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  The sentiment is made up of two stamps from the set and I embossed them with Versamark ink and white Zing embossing powder.  That stuff stinks to me, by the way.
I used some white crochet cotton and twisted it around add a bit of something else and that was it for the card!
Here is a closeup so you can see the dimension:



Hope you all have a Happy Sunday....Happy Crafting and Keep Creating!

4 comments:

  1. Like the way you arranged the card. Especially like the navy blue with white background and stripes at bottom & crochet cotton you used. Your hubby is like mine; he looks & comments same about me having new toys. When we went to Michaels I gave him a coupon to use and he bought me Memento Luxe ink. I told him that the ink was your fault, Susan, since you told me about it. Heehee. I do like the way it stamps and have 4 of the 6 colors. Only colors I do not have are the black & green. I like my VersaFine Onyx Black which if I recall correctly you told me about also; so again you had me add to my toys with that also. Before that I was using Memento Tuxedo Black and have not used it much lately.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why this is your favorite kit, and it does sound like a great value. Your card is so much fun, makes me think of air mail and special delivery all in one. Definitely Happy Mail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Susan!! Nice to meet you. I use to live in Sandy Spring and downtown Atlanta. I miss it. I love your card. The clouds are my favorite. I love how you used the patten paper. I wasn't sure how to use the patten paper. You did an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!