Saturday, October 4, 2014

Wade is One!

It's hard to believe but our little Wadie-Boy is ONE today!

Here is what he looked like a year ago although if you want to get technical this was taken the day before he was born.


Below is what he looked like before going to the hospital.  This was taken at my house at about 5pm.  My daughter dropped off David and Taylor for me to watch them and get them to their other grandparents so I, too, could get to the hospital to take photos.


Amanda and the rest of her crew were supposed to meet us for dinner but at some point she texted me and said they were going to come over for a while but would probably not do dinner.  I thought...well, ok.  And then she texted me "Wash your hair" which was code for "I'm probably in labor"!  LOL...I had told her that as soon as she thought she might be in labor to tell me to wash my hair so that I'd have good looking hair for those first important pictures.  I like to think ahead! LOL!

She planned to hang here for a while but when they got here she felt like she probably needed to get closer to the hospital.  So they left here shortly after the above photo was taken.

At at 10:22 pm Wade was here!

Here he is a few minutes after he came into the world.


Here I am holding him...so sweet!


And now we are a year later... *sniff*. It's gone by way too fast...

Such a sweet boy.  I sure love those babies!

So we will celebrate this day today with cake and a candle.  I will see them a bit later and we will open presents and enjoy our little guy.

I made him a card on my Silhouette with card by Snapdragon Snippets from the Silhouette store.
It was a lot of fun to make...

The ladder has two brads hinging it together so you can raise and lower it.


I made a huge mess with Glitter but did manage to get more than just myself covered.  I did get the 1 covered which I cut out several times to give a bit more dimension to it.
I used Stampin' Up Heat and Stick Embossing powder and some Stampin' Up gold glitter.

I also made a card with a sheet of Echo Park paper and my We R Memory Keepers Envelope Punch Board.  As you can see I die cut Wade's name.


And that's it for today.  Happy 1st Birthday, WADE! 
And best wishes for a wonderfully crafty day to the rest of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!