Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Cuttlebug Quilling Kits

This looks like a very simple card but it took me over two hours to make because I had to PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE on these flowers!  What are these flowers you ask?  They are little chrysanthemums made with the new Cuttlebug Quilling Kits.  Very cool kits.  You get about 4 dies in each pack, a packet of stems and a quilling tool which is cute AND ergonomically designed.

OK, my card does not look PERFECT...but it's because I took the photo with my iPhone.  It really is perfect, I assure you! Haha!  The word "Marvelous" looks a bit off but really...it's just that the card is dimensional and maybe a bit "warped" in that area! That's my story and I'm sticking to it.  Oh yeah...and for my Sharecropping friends...I did heat emboss and NO, I DID NOT BURN ANYTHING!!!

I used some scraps from a pack of old Close to My Heart Papers I had.  The paper ribbons are just accordion pleated.  But aren't the flowers CUTE????? They are so much fun to make....it only took me 2 hours to get 2 good flowers!  Of course, I'm sure that with more practice they will get faster to make.
Here is a video showing how to make them and telling a little bit about the dies available.
 
And...the young lady doing the demo has the cutest New Zealand accent!

Have a wonderful crafting day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!