Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Valentine's Day Has Come and Gone...

....but it will be here again before we know it!  And actually this card design could be used for just about any type of occasion. 
The card I made is a shameless scraplift of a card that one of my favorite bloggers shared...Melanie of Courtney Lane Designs.  And there is nothing shameful about using someone's design as inspiration, is there?
I'll post a link to her card below but for now...here's my take on it:

I used paper from the Black Currant paper stack from DCWV...love that paper...it's full of glimmer and shine!  I used the Create a Critter cartridge which is another favorite of mine...I love the postage stamp cut....very cool to me!  And these cuts cut like BUTTAH! (that's butter to you who live above the Mason Dixon line!)
I popped the LOVE cut with some foam tape to add some dimension and then adhered a big fat piece of bling on top of it.  A bit of ribbon under the postage stamp tied it all together.  I loved the look of this and I love that I strayed from the usual red and white for Valentine's Day...these purple/pinkish hues and the gray and black just give it a different look!
And now, as promised here's Courtney's fabulous card:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!