Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Fun Shaped Cards and Cricut Challenge 11: Creative Memories Stork's Delivery

Like my friend, Kim, who hangs out in her BASEMENT and was talking about this the other day, I too am a linear scrapper.  I like straight edges...it's something for me to round the edges of a card.  I do it from time to time but it really takes effort.  I like those 90 degree angles much better for the most part!

So what showed up in my inbox last Friday?  A challenge at CAS-ual Fridays for a shaped card.  Yikes...that meant probably no straight edges.  Today, one of my favorite bloggers Christina of Creations with Christina made a shaped card using her Gypsy and I thought to myself, "Self...you can do that!"

I ended up making these two little cards:

Both were made for enclosures for baby gifts.
The first one was made with cards stock scraps I had in my scrap box.  Some Core'dinations cardstock and some Bazzill were used for the little zebra.  I used a little tag I had and stamped "Sweet Baby" which is a Paper Trey Ink sentiment from the Mega Messages set. He has a little Bazzill bling for eyes.
You can see the cute little zebra a little closer here:
The image came from the Creative Memories Stork's Delivery Cricut cartridge.  I think he's just so cute!

The second one shown below was done with the Baby Steps Cartridge (another newer cartridge):

was done with Martha Stewart papers and a little white ribbon.  I think he's kind of cute, too, if I say so myself!

I had not used the Stork's Delivery Cartridge before so this is another one knocked off my Personal Cricut Challenge! Yay!!!  I will come back to this, though...it's a great cartridge and I need to look at it a bit more closely.

And my dear friends...that is it for today I think!  Hope you all are staying cool...we are having a huge heat wave in the south here....I think today is going to be worse than yesterday with temps in the mid 90s.  And of course here in Atlanta we have HUMIDITY!  It is oppressive but I try not to complain too much as I'd rather have it hot any day as opposed to that cold that some parts of this country get!

Happy Crafting!




12 comments:

  1. Susan, I think these are the cuttest. My wish list of cartidges is growing as I see all these, not sure which one goes to the top of the list though. Sending you "cool" wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are ADORABLE! Really, really cute! TFS!:)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute cards. I am so new to Cricut, but my wish list is growing by leaps and bounds, LOL
    Thanks for becoming a follower, I am now following you too.
    Happy crafting.
    Hugs
    Judie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Susan, these two are stinkin' cute!!! I love them, that cartridge is definitely a keeper for making some adorable kids cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are both darling, but I love that zebra!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so stinkin cute... I love them. It is hot here too with the dang blasted HUMIDITY!!! I'm so not a fan...
    I have an award for you at my blog.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are both just adorable. I'd have a hard time deciding which was the cutest because they are both so cute. I love that you are continuing with your Cricut challenge. You are putting up some great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Susan, LOVE your shape cards! Both of them are so beautifully done! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAs-ual Fridays! Looking forward to seeing your work again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So, you go from 90 degrees to making a Zebra and the other lil guy? Uh, huh....
    INCREDIBLE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Susan these are absolutely adorable!! I can see them on a gift bag for a baby shower and endless other items. Too ca-ute :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE that zebra card - he is just the cutest thing ever! Both are adorable little creations. So glad you have joined us this week at CAS-ual Fridays.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!