Monday, May 28, 2012

Quick and Easy Birthday Card

I love watching the videos at Lily Pad Cards.  I saw one a few days ago and thought I'd like to scraplift it.  You can see the original version HERE.  I put my own spin on it....added a butterfly and inked my mat but I loved the inspiration I got from the video.  I also stamped my images and then die cut them...I think that was an easier route...at least for me.  The card base and mat were cut out with Spellbinder dies.

I used Broken China Distress Ink to give the mat a little color.  The butterflies were colored and shaded a bit with Copics.  The mat is mounted on foam tape and then the little butterflies are glued into the die cut openings and folded a bit for a lift.




The whole thing took me less than 30 minutes.  I think I will make a few more to keep on hand!

Susan

4 comments:

  1. This is wonderfully colored and dimensional with the Butteflies popped up. Like all things Butterfly (you can tell since I posted 3 Butterfly blog posts today). Happy Memorial Day!
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful!!! I love the simplicity and elegance of this card! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your butterflies are amazing-- cant believe it is a quick made card

    Cheers
    Sonia
    cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The butterflies are gorgeous, I love all the inspiration out there these days!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!