Sunday, May 27, 2012

Watercoloring with Distress Markers

I was going through the closet in my craft room a while back sorting through some old Stampin' Up stamps I had and came across the FIRST EVER stamp set I bought!  My friend had dragged me kicking and screaming to a Stampin' Up party.  I was determined I was NOT GOING TO GET INTO STAMPING!  I just thought it was way too messy and I never could seem to stamp properly with the little stamps I'd picked up at Target or Walmart.  Well, of course with some demonstration of proper technique I got it and became a huge fan of stamping and a huge collector, as well!  I still have some old sets of SU stamps that I just can't part with....and I've kept this set because it was my "FIRST EVER"!  It was called Forever Friends and I got it in 2002.  Ten years ago!  Wow!
Anyway, I remember this cute image and pulled it out and thought it would be great for watercoloring with the new set of Tim Holtz Distress Markers I recently received.
I love the way it turned out....and I learned a few things....like REMEMBER TO USE WATERCOLOR PAPER. 

I forgot after I got going and so I had a little bending of the paper but it flattened out nicely.  Still, the watercolor paper would have been a bit easier to work with.  It was fun using the markers and blending and shading with them.  I was pretty happy with my first time result.
The pink paper and ribbon is Raspberry Fizz from Paper Trey Ink.  The sentiment is from Lawn Fawn.  And I used a little Glossy Accents on the little birds.

Happy Crafting!

4 comments:

  1. These Two are so cute too Susan . I love them, thanks for sharing, have a great extra day of the weekend.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job on using the TH Distress Markers. Looks like a wonderful piece of artwork with the pretty girl images & scene. Like the pastel colors.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute...LOVE the stamp and you did a really nice job with the makers..does look like watercolor painting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful coloring! Don't you love coming across images that are 10+ years old and we're still hanging on to them? I have a closet full of them that I never seem to look at them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!