Friday, January 4, 2013

Happy Birthday Card

I'm doing pretty well on my goals of 2013 to do more scrapbooking and less card making.  I love making cards but I found I was making them just to make them....and then I fall in love with them and don't want to send them so now I have a card collection!  So, I'm going to continue to make cards but try to do more scrapbooking. 

But sometimes you just gotta have a card.

I made this card for my friend's daughter who just turned 21.  Her daughter is not a frilly type of gal so decided to veer from my usually overly feminine stuff to make this card.  It was fun and I was inspired somewhere in BlogWorld or Pinterest World!

I believe she likes owls so I chose these fun coordinating papers which I put on a kraft cardstock base that I did a little line embossing on.
The star is some grunge board from Tim Holtz which I painted
The thought bubble is Hero Arts and the sentiment is Hampton Arts.  I used a glitter button from WALMART (don't you love it?) and tied a little cotton crochet thread through it.
Simply, easy....and not pinky and frilly!

I like the way it turned out!  I'm sure she loved it but liked the gift card I enclosed much more! LOL!

Happy Crafting!

3 comments:

  1. My daughter, the recipient of the card, that turned 21 liked the card & the gift card to Barnes & Noble. She does like Owls and books. She wrote you a thank you that I mailed this morn. She also sketched you a drawing that I just emailed you since the thank you card was a card I had made so you would have something she had made as a thank you. Enjoy!
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great birthday card, those are some of my favorite papers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan, it has been so long since I've been on here, I've missed everyone so much. I had a wonderful holiday season, but first one of the worst bouts with the flu I've had in years...Ugh, so so sick.
    Please tell me about the cameo, I want to invest are you still so in love with it? Do you need to use special paper? I'm so upset with my cricut and my gypsy is now not working at all, and I loved that thing.....:(
    Anything you can tell me I will appreciate so much.
    Hugs to you love seeing the pics....
    Judy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!