Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Project Life: Week 4

....or as we Project Lifers say..."PL".  I'm such a part of a club, you know...  So, I finished Week 4 last night.  I really have been trying to do my pages on Sundays BUT I was busy this past Sunday afternoon/evening and just never got the mojo going. I got down to business last night.  I had used my worksheet that I posted a few days ago....you can see it here if you are using Design A of the Becky Higgins Project Life template or page insert. It save me a bit of time because I knew what photo was to go where and where I needed journaling blocks.
This week I failed in my quest to use things I already had as I bought this really cute journaling sheet from My Mind's Eye called Collectable.  It just worked perfectly for this week I thought.  It was a big week for us...my son turned 26 on Monday so I wanted to journal my memory of the day and night he was born.  We had a huge snowstorm in Atlanta (ok, for you northeners....less than 4 inches doesn't look like much but for Atlanta it is a city stopper)....and in the hospital I was in with him we had over 7 inches!  It was just so beautiful and so magical and I really didn't worry much about the chaos outside the hospital created by the storm because we were warm and safe inside.
Here are my layouts and a few closeups:
I am still doing a lot of cutting with my Silhouette Cameo....like here...this journaling box and the #4 which I created with my own little brain:
And this cute little stick figure tennis player which I bought in the Silhouette Online Store:
I also used a little stamp set from Hero Arts for this little journaling box:
And check out this tiny camera cut out with a Memory Box die:
There is another one on one of the layouts which is a slightly different camera....can you find it? ;)
And that's Project Life for Week 4.  Week 5 is beginning with some excitement for me....I'll post it next week! :)

Happy Crafting!

3 comments:

  1. Being fond of cameras I like the camera die. The stick Tennis figure is cute. Wonderful journaling.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Susan,
    I'm so proud of your progress look at how much you've done in PL can I say that not being part of the group (lol)... Such a wonderful page on a memoriable day... love it
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great week of PL! Of course, I love all the little embellishments. If you're really going to switch to digital next year, enjoy playing with all these little things this year! They add some great depth to pages.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!