Monday, January 14, 2013

Project Life: Week 2

Two down and 50 to go!  Project Life Volume 1, that is!  I successfully completed Week 2 and really had fun doing it.  It all came together really quickly.  I kind of find each little slot is its own little layout and they are pretty simple and fast to do.  Now that I have a system....although who knows...next week the old system may not work!

I do need to learn a better way to photograph through page inserts.  The glare, the glare, the glare.  I tried to elevate one end a bit to reduce the glare which helped a bit but the photos could use improvement.  And I don't want to take my things out of the inserts for photographing...that would probably be the best way but I'm not going to bother with that, I don't think!

Anyway, here we go...week 2...the left side:
A sweet photo of my little lady, Taylor with a little <heart> you done with an Ali Edwards brush that I converted to a cut file and cut with my Silhouette.  I love those hand drawn rectangles!
 A couple of pieces of coordinating ribbon stapled to just add a little something to an otherwise flat journaling box. 
 And the right side:
 A little cut out rectangle from the Silhouette Store with some burlap and a button on top.
 And this is a transparency from the O'Snap kit I purchased last year.  I will leave this unadorned and unbacked (apparently my own made up word) and next week will try and put a cute photo behind it so you can get a glimpse of it.
This was so much fun.  I'm pumped.  50 weeks to go... *sigh.....

Happy Crafting!

4 comments:

  1. It tells a story that will be nice to look back at and share with your children & grandchildren.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan! This is wonderful! Love the journaling! Love the pics! Love it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go, your pages look amazing. You are ahead of me, I'm still finishing up 2012, but almost there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another week . . . another great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!