Friday, January 11, 2013

Oh, the Things You Can Find!

I was looking through a little file I had the other day and came across some Christmas dies that I had cut out from some sheet a loooong time ago.  Probably had planned to use them but ended up not....they got filed away never to be seen again....until Christmas 2012!  I saw them and thought...well, these are still pretty darned cute and I think I'll use them on a layout.

I have no idea where they came from so can't help you there but they are at least 5 or more years old so probably not available.  Probably not the most trendy scrapbooking stuff on the market now but I liked them then and I still like the folksy little look now.

Here is the two page spread:
And of course I added some Glossy Accents because we cannot leave things the way they are, can we?
And here is a border done with a Martha Stewart punch that I also used a Hero Arts stamp on with some Versamark and embossing powder to give a little more dimension and glittery look.

Trust me...the glittery look is there.
And here's the right side of the layout:
The little cut out pieces were popped up on some dimensionals.  The journaling block was made with a Martha Stewart punch set, too.
And I just thought Mr. Santa was so darned cute.
 And to give you some idea of what they look like side by side:


That's it for today, my friends!

Happy Crafting!



4 comments:

  1. Hi Susan, I love those scrap pages they are beautiful. Thanks for the wonderful comments on my blog. My first name is Wanda and my middle name is Eveth and that is the name I chose for my blog. Thanks for asking and lots of hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how cute... so nice to find such cute things stashed away....
    Hugs,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pages...love all the handwritten journaling.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!