Friday, January 3, 2014

More Adventures in Vinyl!

Courtesy of Sonny Franks at Sign Creations I got my hands on some vinyl that looks like etched glass when it's applied.  Way cool.  I do have some etching cream and want to try out the whole real etched glass thing but I thought this would be fun to try as well.  It is so fun!!!




This is really popular among the vinyl enthusiasts right now.  Split letters.  You take the letter you want (the fancy S is from the font REGAL which can be downloaded free from some of the font sites), "split" it in your software of choice (I use Designer Studio for the Silhouette), create some little rectangles, "weld" it all together...add your name and anything else you want and cut it out.  It's really not difficult but gives a really cool look.

I got this cutting board at the Dollar Tree for...yep $1.  I doubt it will last forever but I think it still makes a very nice little gift.  I want to do one for my son and his bride when they get married in April. 

Happy Crafting!


5 comments:

  1. Wonderful altered item. Does look like a lovely gift. You would run out of space if you placed all the letters from both my last names. Heehee.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very cool! And it would make a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Silhouette skills put mine to shame...I think I'm better off selling mine than letting it collect dust. Awesome job, love how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Think you can teach a class on this one Susan? I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!