Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

To all my American friends I wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving! So much to be grateful for!

I love Thanksgiving...it was always a big holiday in my household growing up.  My mother, a fantastic cook, would get up really early to get the "bird" in the oven. I would awaken to the wonderful smells of a stuffed turkey roasting in the oven. We would watch the Macy's Day parade in the morning....eat in the afternoon and watch football. Such good memories.

And even though time has passed since I was a little girl it's fun creating memories with my children and their children.  So, today I will be heading to my daughter's for fun with family...especially the grandkids!

Here is a simple card I made with DCWV papers and a fabulous cut file from the Silhouette store.  It cut beautifully out of glitter paper and I just backed it with a printed paper.

Easy and I like the way it turned out. No additional embellishments needed, right?


I haven't cut much glitter paper on my Silhouette so I wasn't sure how it would do.  Sometimes I will cut glitter papers face down and flip my image but on this one I tried it face up and with a new mat to help me out...well, it cut wonderfully, as you can see!

Enjoy your meals...and if you aren't in the US I bet you have things to be thankful for today, too!

Happy Crafting and Keep Creating!
PS. I'm entering this in the Anything Goes Challenge at Simon Says Stamp HERE.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving! The coppery glitter silhouette style card is bee-utiful and is on my fireplace mantle. Thank you for sending it to me. Walked the dog this morn early. Apple pie is in the oven. Watching the Macy's Parade.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Susan! sweet, luv the gorgeous leaves! I am thrilled you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!