Monday, February 13, 2012

Eras in Paper Crafting...

Do you go through "eras" or "periods" in your paper crafting?  I do....sort of like Monet and his "Blue Period".  I went through my "mat everything on black" period.  My "embossing with a light box" period.  My "make a border on everything" period.  My "gotta have a circle" period.  Know what I mean?  I apparently am in my heat embossing period again...although maybe I never totally left it. 

I did a few more cards with the multiple colors of embossing powder that I've shown the last couple of days.  I really like this technique...really pretty and fairly easily done. 

The first was done with my new tulip stamp which I also showed on Saturday.  I love this stamp and think I will use it frequently.  I like that...use something again and again! LOL!
I used a Paper Trey Ink die to cut the top of the card and mat.  I liked the way that ended up!  Need to remember to do it again!

I used a Versamarker on some of the stems and leaves and bases of the flowers as well as a few words in the sentiment and then sprinkled Bridal Veil embossing powder which has a glittery sheen to it.

Maybe you can see that here:
And then again...maybe you can't!  But I do think it shows up in the base of the big flower or at least I can see it on my screen.  A little bling and a tied piece of tulle finished it off.

And here is the second card I made with another stamp I purchased.  I Used a little tulle tucked under the stamped image and a little cotton trim below it.  I also embossed a mat with a Cuttlebug embossing folder.

And that's it for today!  My little hurricanes (David and Taylor) will be here shortly!

Are you in a "period"? 

Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

  1. Like the shine on the Tulips. Especially like the edge at the top of the Tulip card. I'm in a ribbon and bow making period.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty- both of them! You make me laugh- I think I definitely go through periods (of everything glitter, certain cartridges- like create a critter,sewing on everything, ect) I like your heat embossing "period"... :)Amy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!