Saturday, February 25, 2012

Time is Just Flying!


Wow...over a week since my last post!  I've just been so busy it's crazy.  Good crazy, though...no real complaints but I just didn't have time to get any paper crafting done.  I did make a couple of crocheted hats for my hair stylist's twins so was busy at the beginning of the week working on those!  And they turned out mighty cute if I say so myself.
I'm at a 4 day crop with some of me best girly-friends.  Cyndi, Christine, Lisa, Nicole, Jan, Deb, Stacey, Carol, Regina and Rose to name a few....we are having lots of fun and I am actually getting a page or two done even though we were evacuated yesterday because of a TORNADO WARNING!  But the warning was lifted and we all got back to doing what we came here to do!
I just finished this two page layout of David's first day of Mother's Morning Out.   Here is the left side of David and his mother coming into the building...he was ok at this point although a little unsure. 
And this is the right page....when he was picked up.  As soon as he saw his Mommy he just cried his little heart out.  He was just heartbroken he was left.  And of course, for about 5 or 6 times after he was one UNhappy little school boy.  Fast forward a month or so and now he loves it and eagerly goes each time. Whew!
 I used My Mind's Eye Fine and Dandy papers and chipboard accents as well as some ribbon I had and my Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher.  I cut the "UN" and brackets with the Silhouette Cameo and some random True Top Font which I can't recall right now. 

So what does the crop room look like?
That's one of my Besties Christine in the Dr. Seuss crown hat!

and here is my work area: 
Impressive, huh?  ;)

Happy Crafting!  I go home tomorrow and it will take me days to unpack!!!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun event to attend. Not been to a crop like this ever.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you are unpacking, I will be packing ;-) Looks like you all had a great time and miss those big crops. Your pages of Davide are gorgeous-love that paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun!!! Never been to a 4 day crop! Great job on the layout! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!