Friday, July 20, 2012

Expression Through Recipe Shares

I am meeting up with a couple of friends tomorrow for lunch and some stamping/scrapbooking shopping.  We are going to the store I talked about last week...for you local readers it is in Roswell...called Impressive Ideas. What a great day, huh?
My friend, Kim, is a fellow blogger and has been doing it much longer than I have.  Her site, The Basement Stamper is HERE.  She does absolutely awesome cards....and is on design teams for Stampotique and The Stamps of Life. 
I don't remember when Kim, Heather (who is Kim's sister in law and a fellow paper crafter) and I first met but we used to go to these big overnight crops back in the early to mid 2000's.  I do remember that we were in a recipe club at the scrapbooking store I used to work in, Scrapbook Magic...which sadly closed many years ago.
Anyway, we had this awesome recipe club back in 2005, I think. We'd make layouts of our recipes to fit into 8 1/2 by 11 inch binders and also brought the actual foods so we could all sample then.  It was so much fun and the food was so good.  Each time we met we would do a different theme...appetizers, cookies, desserts, main dishes, family favorites, etc.  We each got a big collection of tried and true recipes...the kind that families really love, you know?
I dragged out my book and decided to take a few snapshots to show you what I'm talking about....






 The Corn Dip was one I did.
 And the Rage of Atlanta is another one I did and is a big family favorite of ours.









 Kim didn't sign all her pages but here is one she did...Chocolate Eclair Cake...yum!!!

So I'm looking forward to lunch and shopping tomorrow with some friends...a perfect day! :)

Happy Crafting!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. Like the variety of recipes & scrapbook arrangements. I'm going to mention this idea to the Stamping Club I go to and see if they are interested in doing something like this.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I've got you beat on gooey desserts, but these aren't exactly low-cal recipes. =) Susan, this is so nice. What you've done is make a heritage cookbook that can be passed down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a way to bring back the memories...we definitely had a lot of fun at the crops and swaps! Can't wait to see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a wonderful idea! I love this recipe book!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!