Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I'm Just a Little Dandelion

We've started showing David how to pick Dandelions and blow on them to send the seeds flying.  Blowing is a big skill in a child's life....just think of all the cool things you can do...blow bubbles, blow out candles and blow dandelions!

Here is a card I made with a new Hero Arts wood block stamp that was a "have to have" for me.
My ribbon may be a tad overwhelming but the bow is PERFECT so it's not going anywhere!  I can live with its overwhelming-ness!  I used Papertrey Ink cardstock and heat embossed with white Zing embossing powder.

A little story about the dandelion.  It is the "official" flower of the military brat. (Bet you didn't know there was an official flower!)  I was a military brat...my dad was career US Army for 31 years!  Although I'm glad my kids have roots in my community and have lived here pretty much all their lives I wouldn't trade my childhood for anything.  We lived in lots of different places and I met people from all over the world.  And it gave me the ability to walk into a room and make friends instantly!  With the military brat life...if you don't jump right in and make friends right away you are likely to move before you do! LOL!  Anyway, a dandelion blows in the breeze and the seeds make a "home" wherever they land.  That's what the military brat does.  Home is wherever we land!

Don't you just love that about a dandelion?

This dandelion paperweight was given to my mother by one of my school's reunion groups (yes, I did go to 3 different high schools...10-12th grades in Germany, Mississippi and finally graduated in Florida!).

Isn't it fabulous?


I entered this in the Simon Says Stamp and Show: Challenge: No Rules!

Happy Crafting!

5 comments:

  1. Your dandelion is cool and yes blowing is a big deal in a child's life...I still remember how hard my little one tried to blow bubbles!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that paper weight! Beautiful card, using one of my favourite stamps. Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp & Show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the crisp white on the blue. I like the bow. Bee-utiful paperweight. Thanks for sharing the military/dandelion story. I was lucky to go to one high school and my daughter the same for all her schooling with no moves.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! You asked about the scoretape on the tulle glittery flower. I think mine is 1 inch wide, I just lined it up edge to edge to cover the whole flower, it was easy and you don't see the joints.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the dandelion stamp! Beautiful embossing and the bow looks gorgeous and perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!