Saturday, May 28, 2011

Cricut Challenge: #1 3 Birds on Parade

If you look at my post for yesterday you will see a herkin' (thanks, Donna!) big box of Cricut cartridges.  I have gotten obsessed with collecting them!  But many of them I have never really used nor could I even tell you what is on the cartridge.  So, I'm ready for a CHALLENGE!

I have decided to work my way through my cartridges and make at least one thing with each cartridge.  It may be a card, a scrapbooking layout, a vinyl project, a title for a layout...I'm not going to limit myself in that way but I will use each cartridge at some point.  That's my challenge.  I may not do it every day but I think this will be good for me because it will make me look at the books or overlays and see what all is on each cartridge!

For Challenge #1 I pulled out my never used 3 Birds on Parade.
Cricut 3 Birds on on Parade Full Content Cartridge 
I looked through the boook and saw some wonderful word art and a great looking font.  There are several creative keys...layers, shadows and more.  This cartridge could be used for many occasions...there are cute little layered birds for special events and holidays.  They are adorable.

I made this little princess card to announce the arrival of my soon to be born granddaughter ( we are about 2 weeks from the due date!). 


This cute little card was made with Paper Trey Ink papers, a Nestabilities Die (Labels Eleven), some grosgrain ribbon, and a Fiskars scalloped border punch.  I added a few gems so that our little princess would have some needed bling! The sentiment is from a set by 3 Bugs in a Rug.

One cartridge down...over 90 to go! :)

4 comments:

  1. great way to challenge yourself. I'm a beginner to cricut so I hope to be inspired. This firs card is so cute.
    Have a great day.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the card. Especially like the PTI papers you used. I do not have 3 Birds on Parade cartridge but have been going thru the ones I do have & it is fun to discover what is on them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to use them all, one by one. I do that, too! Pick yourself up off the floor; I'm not doing any cutting. I rotate my eyeshadows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! I love the colors.
    Terri

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!