Monday, May 9, 2011

I Love to Organize!

Most of the scrapbookers and paper crafters I know LOVE to organize.  We are always on the hunt for the perfect organizational items...and we do all kinds of things to make everything look cute!  It just has to be cute!  I love to get my supplies organized...I'm good at organizing...the challenge for me is always to maintain the organization.  Part of the problem is that I keep outgrowing the systems I develop or create!  I know I'm not the only one with that challenge.  :) 
This evening I decided to work on the organization of my embossing folders.  I had them all in a Crop in Style file box but I never could find what I wanted and I quickly outgrew that system!  I decided I'd use the 4 drawer Jet Max cube I showed you here the other day for my embossing folders, my Nestabilities dies, and the other static dies I have. 
I cut chipboard to 5"x6" pieces and cut some paper scraps to the same size.
I glued the pretty paper scraps to the chipboard (I mean we just have to make it cute, right??? We've already been over that! 
Then I ran each embossing folder through my Cuttlebug with a piece of white cardstock and adhered it with a file folder tab to the top identifying exactly the name of the folder.
After many hours of cutting, embossing and using my ATG adhesive gun I finished the A2 sized folders...
I sorted them alphabetically and put them in one of the drawers. 
Voila!  Cute and functional!

And now I need to get to work on the border folders, the mini folders, the little dies, the bigger nested dies, and, and, and...
But before that I need to get to JoAnn's and see what Cricut cartridges I might "NEED"!


2 comments:

  1. Very nice organization! I love to organize, but not my paper scrapping stuff. I can't bear to look at it (it's a mess; it cost a lot of money). If you want to have more fun organizing, you can come do mine. It doesn't even have to be cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the organizing ideas for the embossing folders. Looks like we may have to have you do organizing for each of us.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!