Sunday, May 29, 2011

Cricut Challenge: #2 A Child's Year

On to Challenge Part 2!

I pulled out the second cartridge in my box, A Child's Year, which I have used a total of once to make a birthday card for my brother a year ago.
Cricut Cartridge, A Child's Year
I got out the manual and started flipping through it and was amazed at all the cute designs on it.
I love the features on this cartridge....one feature I just love was that it cuts out a card.
Here is a shot of the image and card that I selected for this project:
As you can see in the screen shot above there is a card feature on the top right.  I love that!  You can get all kinds of decorative edges for your cards!
I used the following supplies:
Cardstock and printed paper: DCWV Linen Closet
Embossing Envelop: Script Texture by Cuttlebug
1 inch circle punch
Small Scalloped Punch by Fiskars
Swaroski Crystal: Hotfix by Jolee
Ribbon by Offray
Tim Holtz Distressing Tool
Birthday Wishes sentiment by Paper Trey Ink (Mixed Messages)
Ranger Ink Old Paper
Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip Ink

I used my Tim Holtz distressing tool to scuff up the edges and then used Ranger Ink Old Paper to distress the edges a bit more.  After adhering all the pieces I added a little bling to the girl's dress.  I love bling, as you know!

I cut the card at 5 1/2 inches (which will fit in a n A2 envelope).
I cut the mat at 5 inches and the girl image and shadow at 3 3/4 inches.


I added some paper to the inside and used Paper Trey Ink's Fillable Frames #1 (both the die and the stramps) for the sentiment.

I love the way this turned out!

I also made this one:


Don't you just love that scalloped edge?  I love, love, love it.  It's a brand new just released die from Paper Trey Ink.  It comes in two sizes for a horizontal cut or a vertical cut and is called Paper Edgers #3.  It retails for $12 which I think is very reasonable.  I run Paper Trey Ink dies through my Cuttlebug and get perfect cuts every time!   Very cool.  I used Linen Closet papers again by DCWV.  I added some small pearls from Recollections to the baby carriage and used a small sentiment from Paper Trey Ink (Mixed Messages) on the bottom right insde which says "Little One".   A little bit of thin pink organza ribbon tied at the top finished this simpler card off!

I really enjoyed working on these two cards and  learning a bit more about this awesome cartridge!

3 comments:

  1. Both of them are just stunning, and yes I love the scalloped edge.
    Have a great day
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bee-utiful cards. Especially like the choice for embossing in firsdt & the edges. Thanks for sharing the details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the card...please speak more about these Papertrey Ink dies!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!