Saturday, November 12, 2011

Gift Box

I'm off to Archiver's today for a Christmas tag class.  I love those little tag classes...you make a bunch and I generally have one of those "AH HA...I never would have thought of THAT!" moments.  Generally more than one!  It's always fun and interesting and the classes are well organized and today I'm meeting up with 2 good friends...one who had a birthday yesteday. 




I made this little gift card box for her with the Close to my Heart Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge.  I cut the box out at 8 inches.  It has circular flaps so you can fold them in and don't have to use any other closure thingie (you know what I mean...you put one flap down, the next one on top of that, the third one on top of that and then the last one you tuck under the first one).  Anyway, I used a teeny bit of a hook and loop closure.  The tag on top was cut at 2 inches and adhered to a chipboard shape and stamped with another CTMH stamp which goes with the cartridge.  Love that!


I also cut a flower out...I made several...I think this one was cut at about 3 inches.  I do have some trouble getting those secured and getting the petals to flare out but maybe my paper was a bit too stiff.  but I still love the way it looked.  I put a little bling on both the tag and inside the flower.

Added a little ribbon and that was it. 

I know she'll like it!

Happy Crafting!

4 comments:

  1. Bee-utiful box creation. Especially like the vintage blue colors in the paper you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely box-- do learn lots of stuff and share your creations Susan.

    Cheers
    Sonia
    cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my most favorite things you've made yet, Susan!! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute gift box!!! Love the paper :)Amy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!