Sunday, November 20, 2011

Time is Just FLYING By!

It's been a week since I posted...where has the time gone?  And what do I have to show for it!  Not much exect for a clean closet!  Yep, this was the week of the GREAT PURGE....I have a relatively large closet.  What does that mean?  Simply that you can stash more and more stuff in it.  It got to the point that I was stepping over stuff to get to what I needed.  I'm not a hoarder but sometimes I do keep things for the "well, I might need it again" reason.  But I do love to purge, too...and I had a great time going through stuff.  I'm one of those people that needs a good kick in the rear at times to get going but once I do I'm good to go!  I basically took everything out of my closet and started all over again!  It took a long time (like 5 hours, I'm embarrassed to say) but it's done...and it's pristeen...and it looks great.  And no you are not going to see it.  HAHA!

But I will show you a scrapbooking mess.

Yes, I've admitted before I'm a paper addict.  This is the area I keep those great paper stacks in that I just have to have!  And my system just isn't working any longer.

OK, that brings up a whole 'nother point.  We scrapbookers and paper crafters LOVE to organize.  What is it?  We organize and are happy with our systems but then we go buy new stuff and have to REORGANIZE to make room for the new things.  It's a never ending process, isn't it?  You know exactly what I mean!  I had the BEST system for organizing my Cricut cartridges, books and overlays.  I bought little boxes at Target and made files...everything was so nicely organized and I could locate my cartridges and books in a jiff! That was great when I had only about 45 cartridges.  100 plus cartridges and 12 boxes later...well, it was taking over my room...so I had to come up with another system!  HAHA...

Anyway, back to my paper.  What I decided to do was to get a large box (thank you, Michael's, for a 50% off coupon) and store my stacks in that.  I wrote the names of the stack on the binding (and some look terrible because it is quite difficult to write on some of those bindings!) and it may look messy to you but it is legible for me so I can easily find what I'm looking for (and yes, I recognize "easily" as a relative term!).  I have my cardstock stacks at the back...and my prints at the front.  The one on the side is one I'm using right now for a project so I just slid it in the side so that's it's handy.

Here's a photo of what it looks like now:
Not pretty and warm and cozy but certainly functional!

Now I need to decide what to do with all the 8x8 and 6x6 stacks!  Hmmmmmmm....Maybe Michael's has a matching box but a tad smaller.  Now where did I put that 50% off coupone???!!!

Happy Crafting!!!

1 comment:

  1. Cleaning out my scrapping closet is high on my list of things to do!! If you saw the contents of my closet, you'd think I'm an avid paper scrapper. :) (That was funny.) Thanks for the inspiration, Susan!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!