Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Itsy Bitsy Teensy Weensie Flowers

Dimensional flowers have been the rage in scrapbooking and paper crafting for quite a while.  It's one trend that I hope stays with us for a while longer!  I love, love, love dimensional flowers.

I have been on quite the crocheting frenzy lately and have enjoyed making some new things with yarn.  I was thinking how I'd like to incorporate some fiber type flowers so I got to looking for patterns for small flowers crocheted with cotton threads.  You can buy them at the craft stores but they can be quite expensive...even though they are a little bit labor intensive it would be something I could do while watching tv.  I found several wonderful patterns with a Google search as well as on everyone's new favorite place for ideas...Pinterest.  I bought some embroidery and crochet thread and got out my trusty ol' crochet hooks and got to town.  I've made a few with white...need to try to dye them with Glimmer Mists or distress inks, I think...ooohlala....
Here they are with  a nickle next to them so you can get an idea on size.
Aren't they cute?

I used a raspberry embroidery floss to make a double flower and made a simple card with it.  I just think it's so darned cute!


Besides the DMC cotton floss I used Raspberry Fizz cardstock and satin ribbon from Paper Trey Ink.  The stem which was stamped in CTMH White Daisy Pigment Ink is from The Stampendous April Showers Flowers kit.  The itsy bitsy teensy weensie sentiments is from Mega Messages by PTI.
The pearl is from Teresa Collins and was stuck down with a little Glossy Accents.
I also used a border stamp from Paper Studio (Hobby Lobby's brand).  I also had some Kraft cardstock from Joann's as well as a little scrap of Co'ordinations cardstock that I used for the leaves.

And that's it...
Back to crocheting...

Happy Crafting!

5 comments:

  1. These are so pretty! You are definitely in a crochet mode!! Are you going to make 100 of these--- lol??? :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty crocheted flowers. Would you please share the patterns from Pinterest with me via email. Hope it's ok to ask for the pattern info since you already have it. Also, you can enter your card in a challenge: Craft Your Passion #83 Anything Goes + Brown since you used Kraft cardstock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue, I love, love these crocheted flowers they are adorable... So nice to stop by and catch up...
    Hugs,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are adorable flowers, I love that card with that color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't take this the wrong way, but my grandmother LOVED to crochet. She was a crocheting maniac. =) How she would have loved to have been in this time when she could easily get as many patterns as she wanted.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!