Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Project Life: Week 5

I am just moving right along with my Project Life and still enjoying it and so happy with the result.  It is certainly a different type of scrapbooking but it is sort of freeing....I really don't worry about paper colors matching photos or making sure I have enough photos of an event, etc.  It really has been a lot of fun.  Five weeks down and FORTY SEVEN to go!

Here are my layouts for Week 5....first the left side:

Very simple this week....I used some little cards that I picked up at Michael's when they were 40% off.  They are Michael's own brand, Recollections, and I thought they were such fun with such bright and happy colors!  I added a little Washi tape here and there...and some trim....and the Week 5 frame in the bottom right was cut on my Silhouette from some shapes and text I welded together.  I love the way the chevron border worked when I welded it onto the frame.  Ahhh....the possibilities are endless!
 And here is the right side:
 I love those blurry little pictures on the lower left that show my little grandangels in constant motion!  And they are!!!  They were just running around the living room having a giggling grand old time!  I also love the photo of David in the top right with the pancake that's bigger than his head!
 I used a little notecard from Michael's for the journaling above and some Hero Arts stamps for "you & me" which were embossed with some black pigment ink and some clear embossing powder.  I added a couple of buttons although I don't recall what brand they are. 
The journaling box on the left (above) was just a few assorted papers and some KI stamps I picked up at Archiver's the other day which will lend themselves wonderfully to Project Life.  I used some Hero Arts Neon inks and some Washi tape, too. 
I did do an insert page of a big event which I'll share tomorrow!

Happy Crafting!

3 comments:

  1. I like the assortment of photos telling a fun story about a day in the life of you. The bright color cards are fun indeed. Like the pancake photo best. That's my kind of a pancake.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing so great!! Love the little details. I know the kiddies are going to LOVE looking at this book when it is finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card find! The colors are similar to the PL kit called Amber. Amanda's kids are quite blessed to be able to grow up in such a beautiful home!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!