Sunday, February 3, 2013

Simply Valentines

Here is a simple Valentine's Day card for you!
White on white which I always love with a hint of color.  I used the Cuttlebug hearts embossing folder and then a tiny heart stamp from the Hearts2DieFor stamp set from the Stamps of Life.  I embossed the little stamp with some white embossing powder and then I used Glossy Accents over the top.  The sentiment is from Hero Arts.

I keep meaning to tell you my tip about Glossy Accents which I just happened upon by accident.  My tip would always clog up and I would use a straight pin or needle to unplug it.  Well, one time I accidentally left the straight pin in it.  And it wasn't clogged.  And since there is some gooey Glossy Accents in the top when I unscrew the cap the straight pin usually stays with the top.  I have used over a half a bottle of Glossy Accents and it still is flowing freely and I've never had to unplug it!  So keep a straight pin in your bottle.  It works!

Most inventions were probably by accident.  I wonder if I could patent this! LOL!

Anyway, here is my card:


3 comments:

  1. Like the white on white with pop of color. I have the embossing folder & may have to CASE this card with different heart punch & sentiment that I have. Thanks for tip on Glossy Accents and pin. I keep a safety pin attached to my pkg of red tape and use it but will now get a pin & put it into my Glossy Accents bottle.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Susan! What an elegant CAS card! LOVE that hearts embossed background and the pop of red! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the straight pin trick. We use it with glues. Sometimes it sticks permanently in the glue, but it usually works. Tone on tone - love it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!