Thursday, August 7, 2014

I Scream You Scream...

We All Scream For Ice Cream!
My dad taught me that saying when I was a little girl.  I thought it was so clever then and I'm still loving it.  And when the Simon Says Stamp Card kit for August included that sentiment I thought "HOW FUN!".

Here is the card kit for August...it's just too cool! LOL!

Check the stamp set out with the cute little frozen treats!


Love those bright colors...this is just a very happy kit!

I cut my sentiment apart so I could have a wider space between the top part and the bottom.  The ice cream cone was done heat embossed with white embossing powder and colored in with some water colors.  I added some Wink of Stella to the cone for a little more sheen!
 See how shiny it is?  Too fun!


 I think sometimes the card correlates with exactly how fun it is creating it.  I had fun stealing it from
Yana Smakula HERE although I now see that I took some liberty with her creation and made it my own.   Yana is Ukranian.  I love the "international-ness" of our craft and art.

That's it for today...I hope you are getting ready for lots more from this great kit because I got on a roll with it!

Happy Crafting and keep Creating!!!

3 comments:

  1. Like ice cream theme. I bought some BlueBell Centry Sundae ice cream & bananas this morn. We will be having banana splits for dessert. I like how shiny it looks. I like how you cut the sentiment to split it up. I cut a stamp today so that one word is not used for what I was wanting to stamp and have cut other stamps in the past.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! And I agree, Yana is fantastic! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card!! I love how you placed the sentiment (:

    -Dee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!