Thursday, June 27, 2013

Project Life: Week 25

Well.....myyyyyyy gooooodness!  I am all caught up with Project Life. 

Long post today...with lots of photos!  I'm proud of this week's "share".

I had the best time doing this week's layouts.  I went from last week of basically just ripping out journaling and filler cards from a little tablet I had to making everything on my own.  Sometimes it's fun to go the quick and simple way....and sometimes it's great fun to be a little more creative.

You know I love Hero Arts.  We've been together a long time.  Our love grows stronger.

I am amazed at the new stamps from the Stamp Your Story line and have grabbed up several sets.  They work wonderfully for cards and art journaling....but what really grabbed my eye was how well they would work for Project Life.  And....you can use them over and over again...and, of course, if you change out papers and ink colors...well, you can get a whole new look!  Love it!

So here are my Project Life pages for Week 25.  All Hero Arts with 3 colors of Stampin' Up inks (Calypso Coral, Pool Party, and Wisteria Wonder).  My Wanna Have list has more Hero Arts inks on it and I'm hoping Archiver's will increase their inventory on those!  I used white cardstock from my stash as well as a couple of Stampin' Up colored papers.

Here is the left side:
And here are some details...
I created the background with various ink blot stamps (made me think of the psychological ink blot test!....what do YOU see?) and used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out the word "Week" and the numbers with the Digz Your Hart font.

 And here's a closeup of the little circle stamp that I used for my date.
 Love, love, love this little birdie....and is pop dotted above the month stamp.  I also used some epoxy arrows I had in my stash.
 Here is another little card...I just LOVE those stamps and how well they work to make your OWN journaling cards out of just plain white cardstock!  Too cool!....and so easy!


My good friend, Cyndi, who is a faithful blog reader just learned she will be a grandmother again and I snagged this photo that she'd sent to my iPhone of her granddaughter, Kendall.  I just stamped the heart and cut it out and popped it with some foam tape. 

Here is the right side:


I used Tracy Larsen and the Lily Pad templates for all my photo collages.
I added a bit of washi tape and a few Hero Arts flowers and gem to these photos.


And another card....love the pen and ink bottle which I stamped and then cut out.
 

I did all the journaling I was going to do so just created this little filler card with stamps from several of the sets.
 

I was able to get a rare photo of my daughter and her family and I used a Becky Higgins 5x7 insert page to stick it in.  On the back I did a little background paper with a stamp from the Brush Strokes set and journaled on it.


Here are the journaling cards all together:

And here it is all together:
 
I am going to enter this in the Stamp Your Story contest at  Hero Arts.  Most of the entries seem to be cards but I thought it would be fun to show a different take on the stamps!

I used the following sets from the Stamp Your Story line:

Well, whew....I was certainly long winded today...but I do hope you enjoyed!

Happy Crafting!





3 comments:

  1. I don't know why, but this is one of my favorite weeks you've done! I like the colors, the little extras, and all the family photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you did creating your own journaling cards, I love doing this but don't remember to do it often enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Especially like the amusement ride photos of Taylor & David. I like Carousels. You did a wonderful job with these layouts. Glad to see you entered your wedding card in challenges I had listed on my Wedding card blog post.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!