Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Thank You for Just Being You

The Simon Says Stamp Card Kit for June came with all kinds of things that would be great for masculine cards.  But really....lots of the stuff in the kit was sort of gender neutral.  Does that make sense?  In other words, although the items didn't have a frilly or really feminine quality to them they could be used for girly things!

Here is the Card Kit which has sadly sold out:
It did have a great little stamp set by Kelly Purkey that is great for guy cards and things.
But here is a card I made with papers and a sentiment from the kit that could be sent to either a guy or a gal, I think.
I used a Paper Smooches border die to give the wave in the middle but before doing that I embossed with my NEW Hero arts Painted Circle stamp from the Stamp Your Story catalog.  I love  this stamp and it works so beautifully to make pretty water color images but I decided to see how it would look heat embossing it.  I used Versamark and then some Zing Powder embossing powder which gave it a sort of tone on tone look.

And guess what?  No bulk!  A flat card!  It's a miracle!

I'm entering this in the Hero Arts Stamp Your Story contest HERE.

Happy Crafting!!!

2 comments:

  1. That kit is fabulous, love all the stuff in it and your card turned out wonderful. I just made about 10 masculine cards this past weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the card. It can be indeed for a female like as in my daughter who likes unique cards like this with the colors you chose.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!