Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Wedding Wishes

I needed a card for a dear friend's granddaughter who just got married over the weekend.  I wanted something classy and elegant...but not too stuffy...and wanted it flat so that it would easily mail.  This is what I came up with and I was soooo happy with it!  I will definitely be making a few more of these!





Oh so clean...oh so simple...oh so much white space (which is usually tough for me!...I usually have to stick a ribbon or a flower or a gem or a button when I see oodles of white space....but NOT THIS TIME!)

I basically cut out the daisy flower with a Simon Says Die on the white cardstock and then cut it out again with the blue paper and DRUM ROLL PLEASE....inlaid the flower!  I just loved it! Woohoo...so cool!!!

See?
I used a Lawn Fawn sentiment which I stamped with the same color ink as the paper (Stampin' Up's Island Indigo)....matted it on some more blue and put it on a white card base.  HOW EASY WAS THAT?!

This card literally took me less than 10 minutes to make...which included finding where I put that die! LOL!

But I was so happy with it when I was done.

Don't you just love when things work for you sometimes!  All the time?

:)

I'm entering this in the following challenges (thanks Sunshine Honeybee for the info on the challenges!):
Entering this into the following challenges:

6/28 Hiding In My Craft Room HIMCR#103 Wedding 
 

6/28 That Craft Place Flowers 

6/29 A Muse Studio Beautiful Blooms


6/30 DLART Thankful Thurs Linky Ch : June Anything Goes

7/7 Creative Card Crew Ch39 No Designer Paper 

Happy Crafting! 

5 comments:

  1. Like the Clean Simple CAS look of this. Especially like that you cut out the flower out of the white, then cut out of blue & put the blue inside the white cut out area. I just finished making a Wedding Card for Wed post. Ck it out tomorrow and you can cut & paste the challenges you want to enter from mine to enter yours in.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally need to CASE this design for a wedding card I need to make. Love how you did the inlay-love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so professional! Susan, you really should open a shop on Etsy. Really!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful and CAS I love it.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes June Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous! Love the inlay, looks fabulous. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Creative Card Crew. Hope you have a great day!

    - Jenn DT
    Crafted My Fancy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!